Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Extract coal and ore to become a mining master. These resources are in high demand for cities that use coal for their power plant and ore for manufacturing. Store large quantities in your Trade Depot to use for your own power, or trade with others.
The System Info in the Mining SubMenu in the City Specialization menu displays the amount of coal mined and ore smelted per day.
While on the Mining SubMenu of the City Specialization menu, use the Data Map buttons to switch between different data maps.
Coal: View where coal deposits are located in your city.
Ore: View where ore deposits are located in your city.
Trade: View where goods are imported from, exported to, and manufactured in your city.
- Build mines to extract coal and ore.
- Extract coal or ore to use, gift, or sell on the Global Market.
- Coal and Ore can also be used to make other resources or construct Great Works.
- These buildings will stop producing if their storage is full.
- Use a Trade Depot or Port to sell resources on the Global Market.
- Local industry can ship resources to Metals consumers.
- Mining adds the risk of hazmat fires to your city.
- Metals HQ will grant access to more buildings.
- Metals HQ will allow you to compete on leaderboards.