We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Cultural buildings like an Expo Center or Pro Stadium draw in a lot of out-of-towners. This can mean big money for your city. Just be sure that your mass transit systems are ready for the influx of Sims coming in for a large conference or the big game.
Culture Stats[edit | edit source]
View key information about your cultural buildings by hovering your cursor over each building in the City Specialization menu. The data displays your buildings’ maximum capacities, the cost and maximum profit of your buildings. You can also view how many Simoleons per hour these buildings are costing. The Culture SubMenu’s System Info displays how many tourists visit the city per day, last event profit, and profits per day.
Culture Map[edit | edit source]
While on the Culture SubMenu of the City Specialization menu, click the Data Map button to view the Tourism Map and see where your cultural buildings are located.
Landmarks[edit | edit source]
The crowning jewel of your city, a landmark can serve as an aesthetically appealing icon and draw a huge number of tourists from all wealth levels. You can build up to three landmarks per city, and landmarks are open 24 hours.
Landmarks Stats[edit | edit source]
Key stats are displayed by hovering your cursor over each landmark in the Culture SubMenu in the City Specialization menu. View the tourist attraction level, building cost, and building expense per hour.
Landmarks Maps[edit | edit source]
While on the Culture SubMenu of the City Specialization menu, use the Data Map buttons on the right to switch between different data maps.
Tourism: View where tourists are located and where they tend to gather.
Land Value: View the land value of Residential and Commercial zones and see which buildings cause positive and negative effects on land value.
Culture Buildings[edit | edit source]
Landmarks[edit | edit source]
- Arc de Triomphe
- Big Ben
- Cinquantenaire Arch
- Eiffel Tower
- Brandenburg Gate
- Dutch Windmill
- EdifÍcio Copan
- Empire State Building
- Globe Theater
- Kölner Dom
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Oslo Opera House
- Statue of Liberty
- St. Basil's Cathedral
- Stockholm City Hall
- Sydney Opera House
- Tokyo Tower
- Zamek Królewski W Warszawie
- Washington Monument
- Willis Tower
Stadiums[edit | edit source]
Attractions[edit | edit source]
- World's Largest Ball of Twine*
- Llary The Large Llama*
- Giant Garden Gnome*
- Dolly the Dinosaur*
- Maxisman Statue*
- Funshine Amusement Park**
- Wheels of Wonder Amusement Park**
- Thrilland Adventure Park**
* Roadside Attractions
** Amusement Parks
Tips:[edit | edit source]
- Cultural buildings increase the attraction of your city.
- More attraction equals more tourists.
- Some landmarks also provide happiness, like parks or shops.
- Touriss will shop and spend money in your commercial buildings.
- Tourists from different wealth classes will use different transportaion.
- Click on Stadiums and Expo Centers to schedule events.
- Stadiums and Expo Centers require payment upfront to hold an event.
- Stadiums and Expo Centers make more money for higher attendance.
- Commercial buildings also increase attraction.